Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today's Exam and what I've learned thus far

Well, we had our first Info Tech exam today and it was a bit surprising I must say. I put in quite a bit of time reviewing my class notes and print outs, but I felt that I didn't focus my studying in the right direction. The exam was kind of all over the place and didn't pay much attention to the concept of why we blog, or how blogging affects different aspects of marketing. There were a few statistical questions that were a bit rough.. hopefully I chose the correct answers! However, I do feel that I have retained a lot of information even if my exam score does not reflect that fact. I am now more interested in online marketing and pay more attention to different forms of personalization (which I was extremely surprised not to find on the exam today..). The whole process of rss and news feeds make more sense now and I think it's interesting to think of different markets online being disruptive such as retail, auto, and software (I can't believe this wasn't mentioned on the exam either, because I think this is a big deal!). Well, I'm glad I studied hard, if only to become more knowledgeable in my field. :)

No comments: