Saturday, May 12, 2007

Las Cruces, numero dos

Whenever I visit my Grandma in Las Cruces, we do a number of things. We go hiking in different springs, travel to White Sands, go to the farmer's market,explore Mesilla.... and go to Stahmann's Farm. Stahmann's Farm is a huge pecan farm that holds about 180,000 trees on its miles of farmland. It's fun to go and walk around the groves and see nothing but pecan trees all in perfect lines. There is also a country store which sells Stahmann products; my favorite being pecan pie topped with pecan ice cream! Although Wiki doesn't have an article for Stahmann's, I decided to add it to the places to see on the Las Cruces page. To find out more about this great farm, you can visit their website and maybe even order a little something pecan-y for yourself!

2 comments:

Matt Kates said...

Wow Kerri, it sounds like you and your grandmother have some really fun, meaningful times together out there.
I'd love to visit a place like that.

Kerri Angell said...

Yeah, we sure do! You should definitely check out New Mexico. I hope you've read my final post about the different chiles, so that when you go you'll know just what to ask and what the answer means!